JAKARTA – Registration for Australian Work and Holiday Visa (SDUWHV) Support Letter to Reopen on August 28, 2023, at 09:00 AM WIB on the website whv.imigrasi.go.id. In this sixth batch, the Directorate General of Immigration opens a total of 2,000 quotas for SDUWHV registration.
The SDUWHV application process is conducted online, while the SDUWHV documents are provided in electronic form. Achmad Nur Saleh, the Sub-coordinator of Immigration Directorate General Public Relations, stated that the verification of document requirements will be conducted without candidate interviews.
“Please note that the English language proficiency requirement is assessed based on the average score of all test components, not on individual component scores (reading, writing, listening, speaking). If using an IELTS certificate, the minimum score is 4.5,” Achmad explained on Tuesday (August 22, 2023).
Apart from IELTS, the English language proficiency certificates acceptable for SDUWHV application are as follows:
- Test of English Foreign Language Internet-Based (TOEFL iBT) with an overall score of 32 based on four test components: speaking, reading, writing, and listening.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) with an overall score of 30 based on four test components: speaking, reading, writing, and listening.
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) with an overall score of 147 based on four test components: speaking, reading, writing, and listening.
To apply for the Australian SDUWHV, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18 to 30 years old;
- Hold a minimum higher education qualification at the level of Diploma Three (D-III) or have completed a minimum of 2 (two) years of education at the bachelor’s degree level;
- Have not participated in a work and holiday program previously;
- Have proof of identity, citizenship, and residence;
- Have proof of English language proficiency at a functional level;
- Have proof of active or problem-free funds to cover expenses during the initial stay in Australia;
- Be in good health and good conduct; and
- Not be subject to immigration prevention measures.
Meanwhile, the mandatory required documents include:
- Recent self-portrait photo with a white background;
- Electronic Identity Card (KTP) or electronic identity card recording certificate that is still valid;
- Ordinary passport with a validity period of at least 18 (eighteen) months;
- Functional English language proficiency certificate (IELTS score of at least 4.5) issued by foreign language education or training institutions;
- Police Certificate (SKCK) issued by at least the District Police level;
- Educational qualification proof, which includes:
- Graduation diploma for applicants who have completed bachelor’s or Diploma III education, or
- Certification of study results and student identity card for active student applicants who have completed a minimum of 2 (two) years of education at the bachelor’s degree level;
- Foreign diploma equivalency letter issued by the relevant Higher Education administrative authority for foreign education graduates;
- Proof of active and problem-free funds of at least 5000 AUD (five thousand Australian dollars) or equivalent, including:
- Bank certificate of fund ownership if owned by the applicant, or
- Bank certificate, sufficient-duty stamp guarantee letter from the account owner, e-KTP of the fund owner, or electronic identity card recording certificate, and family card if the fund is owned by parents/guardians.
- Statement of Validity of Document Requirements (with a duty stamp).
Further information regarding this program can be accessed through the website https://imigrasi.go.id/.