People who apply for passports at the East Jakarta Immigration Office no longer need to take their passports to the immigration office with the passport delivery service via Marketplace, Tokopedia. This was revealed by the Head of the TPI East Jakarta Class I Immigration Office, Berthi Mustika, through an interview with the media on the Youtube channel, last October (2022).
“Since 2016 we have been working with courier services such as PT Pos Indonesia to send ready-made passports,” explained Berthi.
On the other hand, sending passports via the Tokopedia marketplace was initiated in the last few months. Referring to shop information on the marketplace, the East Jakarta Immigration Office Employee Cooperative as a service product provider is known to have been operating since December 2022.
Applicants who wish to use a courier service via Tokopedia can use a passport delivery service via Courier with the following conditions:
1. Send photos/scans of proof of payment. Make sure the photo quality is good/not blurry;
2. Write down the passport delivery address in detail and the contact that can be contacted;
3. Passport will be sent four working days after the photo and biometric fingerprint collection stage is carried out;
4. The service does not apply to replacement passports due to damage/lost.
To get this service, applicants can search for the East Jakarta Immigration Office Employee Cooperative shop account on Tokopedia, then select the product “Delivery by East Jakarta Immigration Office Employee Cooperative”.
The fee charged for this service is Rp. 30,000, – includes services for mastery of passport retrieval by people other than Family Cards, including stamp duty; passport packaging services; cooperative officer services and the cost of office stationery used for packaging. These costs do not include shipping costs according to the expedition chosen by the community.
As an illustration, the estimated delivery time for passports is as follows:
1. Applicants who take photos on Monday, will be sent their passports on Friday;
2. Applicants who take photos on Tuesday, will send their passports on Monday;
3. Applicants who take photos on Wednesday, will send their passports on Tuesday;
4. Applicants who take photos on Thursday, will send their passports on Wednesday;
5. Applicants who take photos on Friday, will send their passports on Thursday.
These provisions apply excluding national holidays and public holidays. The public can obtain further information regarding this service on WhatsApp number 089523539798. In addition, the East Jakarta Immigration Office also provides an information/complaint WhatsApp service at number 08111477756 as well as social media on Instagram (@imigrationjaktim) and Twitter (@imigration_jaktim). It should be noted, this service does not apply to replacement passports due to damage/loss.